Well, your dreams are about to come true …
Following our three previous (very successful) Alaskan cruises, WE’RE DOING IT AGAIN! In Sept 2019 we’re heading off for 25 glorious days in the company of other fun-loving, slightly mad Kiwi midlifers! And we’ll be delighted to have you join us …
Our adventure will begin in Calgary (Alberta, Canada) and the resort town of Banff … then we’ll head westward into the spectacular Canadian Rockies, aboard the Rocky Mountaineer scenic train, stopping two days later for some ooh-aah sightseeing in popular Vancouver and Victoria (with a special treat for you GARDEN-LOVERS). Our travel smorgasbord will then continue, in laid-back style and luxury, aboard the ms Westerdam (Holland America Line) … unpacking in our comfortable, spacious cabins as we cruise along Alaska’s ragged, wintry coastline … with all meals, shows, entertainment, shore excursions and tipping paid for in advance … venturing further north, in search of whales, glaciers, ice-caps and hungry bears fishing for salmon.
MIDLIFE MADNESS FUN – that’s what we’re going to have. And this unique combination of luxury-on-rail-and-sea plus discovery-on-shore promises to be fantastic!
Departing September, 2019
- visiting Canada’s cowboy-town, Calgary – “the most fun you can have with yer boots on…”
- exploring the popular mountain-resort town of Banff with its sensational panoramas
- soaking up the exquisite beauty of Lake Louise and the breathtaking Columbian Icefield
- travelling the Kicking Horse railroad to Kamloops aboard the Rocky Mountaineer
- photographing gushing, roaring Hell’s Gate and the sky-splitting Canadian Rockies
- discovering Vancouver, Canada’s spectacular City of Glass and gateway to the Pacific
- ferry-riding to laid-back Victoria (Vancouver Island) and the gorgeous Butchart Gardens
- boarding our ship, ms Westerdam, and cruising Alaska’s famous unspoiled Inside Passage
- spotting black bears feasting on spawning salmon in a Ketchikan rainforest
- whale-watching from a big catamaran in Juneau, Alaska’s capital city
- helicoptering onto a huge glacier in Skagway for a guided walk
- witnessing giant crunching ice-cliffs in stunning Glacier Bay
- visiting Seaward and boating to the face of the Aialik Glacier
- dropping in on Anchorage, wonderland of nature and wildlife
- riding to Denali National Park on the McKinley Explorer (domed railcar) for close-ups of icy Mt McKinley plus wildlife (e.g. a grizzly bear or two)
- river-cruising in Fairbanks aboard an authentic old-time steamboat
25 Glorious Days5-STAR CRUISE
Calgary & Banff
Denali National Park
Get your InfoPack
email or phone Glen Armstrong
0800 323 333
- Calgary (2 nights)
- Banff (2 nights)
- Kamloops (1 night)
- Vancouver (3 nights)
- Cruise / Land Tour (13 nights)
- Vancouver (1 night)
Westerdam: the perfect choice for mad midlifers!
The graceful, mid-sized ms Westerdam has all the classic Holland America Line features, and was an easy choice for this 2019 Alaskan adventure. Beautifully refitted last year, this ship is perfect for showcasing the rugged splendour of the region.
Have you cruised before? Or is this your first time on the high seas? Well, brace yourself! Once you board your floating hotel and unpack in your comfortable cabin, there’s little else to do except relax and soak it up – because, from that point on, as each carefree day of your grand adventure unfolds, you’ll be spoiled rotten and waited on hand-and-foot. Whether you’re out on deck enjoying 101 different activities, or encountering the sights, sounds, smells, tastes and experiences that await you ashore – it’s hard to imagine a nicer way to travel.
Holland American Line ships boast five-star luxury, world-class amenities, and more of just-about-everything: sizeable staterooms (cabins), expansive suites with private verandahs, exquisite dining choices, and untold ways to unwind. As you gaze from the Westerdam’s broad, sweeping decks you’ll feel like you’re on top of the world – and on board you’ll find:
- the two-tier Vista Dining Room, offering impeccable service and five-course menus, from continental cuisine to vegetarian and low-carb options
- the intimate Pinnacle Grill, featuring elegant, sophisticated dining, hand-selected cuts of premium Sterling Silver beef, inspired seafood dishes and many quality wines
- the Lido Market, providing a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and featuring a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties (fancy a chocolate dessert for a late night snack?)
- the America’s Test Kitchen, all set up for gourmet cooking classes
- Explorations Café, featuring the largest library at sea, and internet access
- the Greenhouse Spa & Salon offering thermal suites, massages and a hydrotherapy pool
24 Days in Alaska and Canada
Inside Stateroom Share twin from $18999 NZD per person
Ocean View Stateroom Share twin from $19499 NZD per person
Veranda Stateroom Share twin from $20449 NZD per person
Single supplements from $5249.00
Includes all airfares, transfers, 13 night Alaska land and sea package, shore excursions with Holland America and Rocky Mountaineer Silverleaf package from Calgary, gratuties and meals.
Subject to minimum numbers, unexpected increases & currency fluctuations and Terms and Conditions
Have you travelled with us before? We offer past passenger discounts!