Have you ever dreamt of travelling to this fairytale region of the world … settling into your comfortable cabin, and being pampered day and night … while famous scenes and landscapes glide slowly past, right outside your window? Do you fancy enjoying this unique experience in the company of like-minded, fun-loving, young-at-heart Kiwis?
Well, join us in May 2020 when we head off on a magnificent river cruise through Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary: MIDLIFE MADNESS ON THE RHINE & DANUBE! We’ll be away for 19 days: cruising all the way from Amsterdam to
Budapest aboard a superb Avalon river-boat, exploring glistening waterways, medieval towns, castles and cathedrals … plus (for those who want more) a 6-day optional tour to the famous once-a-decade Oberammergau Passion Play in the Bavarian Alps.
Departing May, 2020
night after night, highlight after highlight. Like what? Well, like …
- magical, old, scarred, soothing Amsterdam (Holland) with its ever-present windmills
- Cologne (Germany) with its 14th-century lacy-spired Cathedral, a World Heritage Site
- 2000-year-old Coblenz, on the confluence of the Rhine & Moselle rivers
- the terraced vineyards, narrow streets & wine taverns of Rudesheim
- Miltenberg with its terraced houses & charming Wertheim with its 12th-century castle
- the famous Residenz (baroque palace) of Wurzburg, with its great marble staircase
- gorgeous medieval Bamberg (World Heritage Site) with its specialty ‘smoke beer’
- the Bavarian city of Nuremberg, filled with Gothic churches, watchtowers & gateways
- Kelheim & Weltenburg Abbey … plus Regensburg with its 12th-century Old Stone Bridge
- enchanting Passau with Europe’s largest pipe organ – & Linz, famous for its ‘torte’
- Durnstein, with its Stiftkirche … & Melk (Austria) home to a 900-year-old abbey
- Vienna, one-time centre of the Hapsburgs & classical music (Strauss, Beethoven, Mozart),
- lovingly restored Bratislava (Slovakia), with its centuries-old squares & enormous castle
- ‘Paris of the East’, Budapest (Hungary), straddling the Danube with its Chain Bridge
- plus, for those who want it … an extra 6-day optional tour into the beautiful Bavarian Alps to witness the famous once-a-decade Oberammergau Passion Play … this tour to also include Salzburg (birthplace of Mozart & The Sound of Music) and Heidelberg (with its ruined castle)
In short, you’ll be pampered to bits from the moment you step on board! Unlike a coach tour, we won’t waste hours each day on the road. Instead, we’ll sail (mostly during the night) through the very heart of our destination. And with ‘walk-right-off’ access to all of these stunning European locations, we’re promised a totally memorable immerse-yourself experience.
This tour is CURRENtLY FULL ALLOCATED FOR OUR OBERAMMERGAU SECTION
We welcome your waitlist but if your Passion is to see the Passion Play in 2020 – we suggest you make confirmed arrangements with another provider.
Estimated All-Up Price
– yet to be announced – late 2018
Upgrades and single supplements available
Includes all airfares, transfers, hotels, river cruise, sightseeing, tips and meals included in the final itinerary
Subject to minimum numbers, unexpected increases & currency fluctuations and Terms and Conditions
Have you travelled with us before? We offer past passenger discounts!