WHO ARE WE AGAIN?
Midlife Madness is John and Robyn Cooney who have been escorting groups for 15 years. They go out of their way to create a family feel.
Travel, we’ve discovered, is an all-five-senses experience – a chance to see, feel, smell, hear and taste the world. And you’ve got to believe us: sightseeing as a group of laid-back Kiwis is DOUBLE the fun! We hesitate to call ourselves ‘experts’ – but we relish the chance to explore new countries, cultures and customs … we’re at-home in airports, hotels, cruise ships, and the like … and we know how to make the most of a unique travel opportunity.
WHO IS INVITED?
This tour (as the name suggests) is a little different to most. And we’re keen to attract like-minded, fun-loving, young-at-heart people in MIDLIFE (or thereabouts). So: if you find yourself in your middle years or retired … AND you’re fit, healthy and able to keep up … AND you’re keen to kick up your heels, go mildly wild, and laugh yourself silly with a bunch of fellow-Kiwis – then you’ll fit in just fine!
WHAT IF I DON’T THINK I FIT?
If you’re outside this age group, that’s not necessarily a problem. In our experience, AGE isn’t as important as ATTITUDE. Our groups usually include a good mix of singles and couples – and happily include some older members who enjoy good health, and often turn out to be the life’n’soul of the party.
However, this Midlife Madness tour will be busy, active, on-the-go – with lengthy flights, some early mornings/long days, lots of getting on-and-off coaches, plenty of walking, and heaps to see-&-do. Which probably makes this tour unsuitable for you if you have a disability … mobility/balance problems or walking difficulties … heart or lung or eyesight conditions … or other health issues that could (i) place you at unreasonable risk, health-wise, (ii) require extra time/attention from the tour leaders, or (iii) adversely slow down the group as a whole.
DO I NEED A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE?
- You must advise us at the time of booking (and later, should things change) if you have ANY relevant health or mobility problems we need to be aware of.
- If you have any health or mobility problems – or if you’re 70 years old (or more) – you’ll be asked to complete a Midlife Madness Medical Certificate (from House of Travel) – which may require some input from your doctor. (This information will be treated confidentially.)
- If we believe this tour is unsuitable for you (for health or mobility reasons):
- we may decline your booking, with regret (we’d encourage you to join a slower-paced, less-demanding tour) … or
- if you were intending to travel on your own, we may request that you travel with someone else (your wife/husband/partner, a family member, a close friend, a travel-buddy) – who can accompany you and provide any special assistance you may need.
WHAT ABOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Travel insurance is compulsory.
Travelling with no (or inadequate) cover is highly risky – and, should an accident or illness occur while you’re overseas, it can prove extremely costly! Which is why we require everyone joining this Midlife Madness Tour to have adequate, up-to-date insurance (including provision for emergency evacuation). Regrettably, failure to attend to this could result in your booking being declined.
Please, therefore, consider the following two options:
- You can sign up for our RECOMMENDED TRAVEL INSURANCE. House of Travel Ellerslie offer a valuable discount (up to 20%) that you might like to take advantage of. Simply call Glen Armstrong on 0800 323 333 (toll-free) and ask for a quote … or Glen an email: [email protected]tours.
Please also tick the RECOMMENDED TRAVEL INSURANCE box on your Booking Form (down the right-hand side of the form).
Glen will get back to you with a quote, plus further information. Your travel insurance discount (up to 20% off the premium) will be deducted by House of Travel Ellerslie from your final tour invoice.
Alternatively, you can arrange YOUR OWN INSURANCE, if you wish. However, to avoid any unpleasant or expensive shocks (in the unlikely event of an accident or illness):
- please check your policy’s fine-print carefully and make sure you know what you’re covered for – and what you’re not covered for. For example, you should be covered for ‘emergency evacuation’ (in the event of serious injury or illness) and ‘civil commotion’ (in the event of riots and demonstrations). If in doubt, discuss your concerns asap with Glen at House of Travel Ellerslie.
- please provide us with a copy of your policy document, showing the insurance company, policy number, emergency contact numbers, etc – so we have this information on hand, should a situation arise.
WHAT ARE THE DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT TIME FRAMES?
An initial deposit is always $1500 per person, and should be returned with a booking form completed and passport copies per person.
This is refundable less a fee of $250 per person up until 2nd deposit is due. Then deposits become non refundable. This is usually 6 months out.
Final payment is usually due around 100 days prior to departure. All payments become non refundable once paid in full.
WHAT IS USUALLY INCLUDED?
Flights in economy, all transfers, sightseeing, many meals, local guides, tipping where appropriate, and your tour manager and tour guides.
WHAT IS NOT USUALLY INCLUDED?
Passport and Visa fees, all meals and optional sightseeing not in the final itinerary.
CAN I EXTEND MY TRIP?
All guests should depart with the group but you may be able to extend at the end without any problems. Any questions about this you should talk to Glen and the team about what they can do for you.
DO YOU OFFER A PAST TRAVELLER DISCOUNT?
Indeed we do, we love to see you back again, so we offer a generous $200 – $250 per tour per person for past guests.